American Leadership Academy’s (ALA) mission is to enable students globally to access quality education from the comfort of their own home. We foster middle school and high school learning pathways that value individuality, offer pacing based on individual needs, and a balanced development of course work while emphasizing service as a global citizen.
“Inspiring students with the American Dream”
- Accredited Coursework – that meets the American Diploma requirements for English, Math, Science, Social Studies and electives according to the pathway of their choice.
- Extra Curricular Activities – to build leadership skills, enable on-line community conversations and community celebrations.
- Certified Counselors – to guide students on coursework, registrations, resume building, and college applications.
- Self-paced – allows students to complete coursework for a standard 4 year diploma in 2-4 years.
- Middle School – is 6th-8th grades.
- High School – is 9th-12th grades. A high school diploma is a prerequisite for admission to colleges and universities.
- SAT/ ACT Prep – built into the program to ensure students are prepared for standardized testing.
- Diagnostic Placement – with regards to English, Math & Science proficiency.
Cognia Accreditation (ALA School is Cognia Accredited)
The ongoing Cognia Accreditation process for ALA is as follows:
- Based on the Cognia Readiness Review on April 15, 2022, American Leadership Academy is a Candidate School for Accreditation with NCA CASI, NWAC and SACS CASI, under the Cognia umbrella.
- ALA had the Engagement Review during the week of March 6th, 2023
- Cognia Commissioner Committee meeting to convene on June 28, 2023 to confirm candidate schools for accreditation.
- ALA School has achieved Accreditation as of June 28, 2023
- Accreditation is granted to ALA by Cognia, and it is retroactive for ALA stakeholders from the 2022-2023 academic year.